Wednesday, January 31, 2018

December (according to Simon)

December was a big month for me. I started walking. Everyone had been trying to get me to take a step for months and I wasn't interested. I could keep up with the older sisters by crawling. I'm a fast crawler. Sometimes I put my head down and go into Turbo Mode and can sprint-crawl about as fast as those girls run. So walking seemed unnecessary. Except if I want to see over the edge of the table or carry things as I go.
So I walked. And then ran.

I still take two naps a day. I love bottles, baths, and Goldfish.
I have a suspicion that the family is doing fun things without me while I sleep.
I have repeatedly heard my sisters begging Dad to play Bugs in the Kitchen with them after he puts me to bed. They are obsessed with whatever this is...but honestly I'm too tired by bedtime to try to figure out what's going on.
Speaking of fun things: one day I was napping and when I woke up there was a Christmas tree! So shiny. So many things to touch. I tried to keep my hands off it. I would think about touching it and then shake my head and pull my hand back.
But! So shiny!
It seemed like every day of December I was caught messing with the tree. I wasn't trying to hurt it...I only broke two ornaments. And I figured out this trick where I could pull the tops off them. I liked to make piles of ornaments and piles of tops. Then my parents would catch me and kick me out of the office again. I suspect they put the tree in there to keep me away from it but my sisters were kind enough to leave the door open and let me explore.
When I wasn't rearranging the Christmas ornaments, I like to sit on the couch. There's a better view up there.
And we got to go see the girls at school a couple times. Once to eat lunch with them on Vivian's baptism anniversary. She actually lost a tooth that day.
That Viv. She is really the funniest person I know. And the smartest. I mean, look at this example of her brain at its finest! Dad is the best. I love when he comes home! And watching him fix things!
Another time we went to Mass because Miriam received a Virtue Award for Purity. Well deserved. Miriam is always trying to do what is right. She has a soul that wants to please God.
Plus there was the Christmas Program. I can't say I remember much of it. Too busy squirming and being passed around.
Let's see. Other good stuff...I'm the master of stirring things. Truly. I can stir any container with any utensil! I attack the dishwasher when Mom cleans it out for spoons and bowls. If the girls let me in the playroom I go after the food toys and stir whatever I can find in there. I love when Mom holds me while she cooks. The best is the Kitchenaid Mixer...Mom turns it on and I could watch it spin for an hour. AUTOMATIC stirring. Ah.Maze.Ing.
Also, Grandpa's birthday. I ate cake.
And hung out with Elijah. We cleaned up Grandma's refrigerator. It's a thing we do together.
Miriam made her first Reconciliation. We were at the church for a while, but they let me pace the pews so that was alright.
You know, the only thing I didn't like about December was the snow. My sisters seem to love it. I don't get it. I cry until Mom carries me around and then takes me inside again.
Then at the end of December, life changed. It got more full...more people were around, the girls were more excited. A stranger dressed in red came to our house.
We made cookies. The Kitchenaid mixer was involved so I stayed close to whoever was using it.
And I ate a cookie. Or two. Isn't Aunt Maria so impressive with her decorating skills?
We went to the PJ party at church. My sisters were counting down the days until this party. At first we just wore pajamas and Mom took about twenty pictures. Not exciting. But when I got there I could see why they love this party so much. We ate pizza. And lots of candy. And played games. And people held me pretty much the entire time.
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing
So there's more to say about December, but I'll let someone else talk about that. It's time for a bottle and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment