1. Sarah's great-grandma passed away before Independence Day, so we celebrated her life last weekend instead of the country's birthday. But we did manage to get in some craftiness.
2. Tim and Sarah did a Zip and Sip nearby with some of Sarah's sisters and their male counterparts. Very fun. Do it.
|Close-up with Bill, the lion|
Miriam likes to get out every toy and play in the pool.
Vivian likes to get wet and then sit beside the pool wrapped in a towel. Preferably on Nana's lap where she can snooze.
5. Tim is keeping busy, as ever.
6. First trip of the summer to the Farmer's Market. FINALLY. Bought rhubarb. Make this if sounds like something you're into.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
3 c. rhubarb, chopped
3 c. strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. flour
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. rolled oats
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray at 9x13 pan with Pam. Combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, 1/3 c. flour, and cinnamon. Put in baking dish. Combine remaining flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, and melted butter until it looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
7. And Felicity had her first ponytail! Sorry if you were hoping for a better picture. No camera in the world can keep up with her constant movement.
This story is getting to be the long version. Short and sweet and out and over.